GObd, an exciting start-up based in Dhaka, is hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager See below for relevant details:
The Manager of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for setting a clear, ambitious and aligned vision for positioning GObd to a wide array of internal and external stakeholders. S/he will develop and manage a comprehensive strategy to build all aspects of GObd’s brand. S/he will report to the Chief Executive Officer, but work collaboratively across all company functions to support their internal and external communications needs. S/he will also ultimately hire and manage a growing team to undertake this work.
- Lead the marketing, advertising, public affairs and media strategy and initiatives for GObd
- Design and conduct market research for setting marketing and communications priorities and strategies
- Develop and execute a communications strategy
- Implement the communications strategy across Print, Broadcast, Radio, Outdoor and Online media
- Serve as the primary liaison with reporters; manage incoming media inquiries; pitch stories; write and manage review of communications materials (op-eds, press releases, policy statements, talking points, and speeches)
- Identify and utilize opportunities to increase visibility and brand stature of GObd
- Design and manage key events
- Serve as a key GObd writer, working to continually hone and integrate meaningful messages into appropriately targeted communications
- Create communications of key messages about organization, mission, and goals and train staff on external communications
- Develop and execute strategies and materials to support all programmatic (especially recruitment) and development priorities
- Edit mass communications produced by GObd
- Work with vendor to manage and/or write content of website and other organizational media
- Ensure adherence to brand identity (including logo, color palette, fonts, supporting graphics) across organization’s materials
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree from reputable Bangladeshi or international university.
- 2 – 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Desire and ability to effectively operate independently and as part of a team in a high‐intensity, high‐uncertainty start‐up environment, with a results-oriented culture.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and presentation skills (in English AND Bangla) with the ability to effectively interface with multiple audiences, internal teams and stakeholders while presenting complex ideas clearly and in an engaging manner; ability to execute a complex plan in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational and proven time management skills, experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to build and sustain strong relationships with a diverse pool of individuals, and demonstrated sensitivity to racial, cultural, and ideological diversity.
- Strong reasoning and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to develop and execute an ambitious and complex Marketing & Communications strategy efficiently.
- Ability to travel within Dhaka frequently, including occasionally on weekends.
- Two professional references.
- Strong track record of successfullymultiple projects at the same time to achieve ambitious results.
- Track record of taking an uncommon level of personal responsibility in achieving professional goals.
- Creative aptitude and familiarity with interactive design, website and social media management and email marketing platforms
- An advanced degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field preferred, MBA or Management degree with relevant experience in a creative industry is a bonus.
Salary is competitive in the Bangladeshi context and depends on prior experience. Benefits include vacation days, opportunities for training, and travel. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development and mobility within the organization.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should include why you are interested in GObd and in this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.