It is very challenging for an entrepreneur to start a new company in a market with planning and capital. It is even more challenging to expand the business to a new dimension in the market and make it more popular for the public. While starting a business, an entrepreneur organizes many activities to put his/her company on the way to success. The organization will make business plans, marketing strategies to locate itself in the mind of the general public. While checking the list of activities for the growth of the new company, one very important thing one should always add to it is protecting the business name or the brand name. A trademark not only helps protect your identity but also to establish it.
What makes a good trademark? A few things that make a trademark so appealing to everyone are discussed below-
- Be one of a kind– The trademark should be unique and one of a kind. It should not resemble any other brand or logo or name or the business might face legal consequences.
- Must be radically distinctive- To be successful, it is very important for the trademark to be totally distinctive. If not done so, the trademark will be same as its peers and will not be able to attract as many people as it should have.
- Have a background story- A relatable story behind the trademark makes it more attractive to the people. It makes the trademark more appealing and gives people some in-depth information in the easiest way.
- Keep as simple as possible– A clear and simple sign or logo connects immediately with the public. It also helps the company establish itself as a simple yet effective one
- Comply with the company style- The trademark should go along with the overall style of the company. It should approach along the way of company’s growth and thus will make sure the attractiveness of the trademark.
- Not confusing- It is important to have a trademark that won’t be mixed up or confused with any prior ones. A good trademark will not eve have a slight hint to others.